Application: Application window is scheduled to open September 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021 (pending opening of country borders due to COVID.) The Application will be found on this page during the application window.
Questions about the IOP? Please email: Foundation@CNS.org
Selection of the Candidate: October 2021
Start of IOP in USA: January 2022
Scholarship Award: The donation of the AANS/CNS Section on Tumors is $25,000 to the CNS Foundation International Observership Program. Included in the award: air transportation, room and board and living expenses while in the USA for the award recipient.
The International Observership Program (IOP) makes possible an internship in the form of an observership for the period of three months at the University of Miami, in the United States of America, under the supervision of Professor Dr. Ricardo Komotar. The three-month rotation will focus on Tumors of the central nervous system. The recipient will learn and observe in the areas of scientific study, conferences, the operating theater, and consultation. This observership is sponsored by the CNS Foundation. The CNS Foundation thanks the Trans-Atlantic Education Foundation and the AANS/CNS Section on Tumors, for their generous support to make this outstanding program possible.
Requirements for Application:
- Applicant must be 35 years old or younger.
- Must be in final year of residency, Head of Residents or within the last two years of residency in Argentina or another Latin American country.
- Letter of recommendation from the Director of the Residency.
- CV of candidacy
- Description of project for basic or clinical investigation on Tumors of the CNS which the candidate will develop during the year of IOP award, once returning to their home country of origin.
- Report monthly the activities developed at the University of Miami, highlighting the most relevant to the observership. Present these reports to Dr. Ricardo Komotar.
- Provide a written report of observership experience for publication in the Argentine Journal of Neurosurgery. Also, provide this written report to the CNS Foundation by sending to the Manager of the CNS Foundation. (Foundation@CNS.org). This written report must first be submitted for review and approval to Dr. Ricardo Komotar.
- Present the results of the clinical investigation project at the scientific session of the annual AANC (Asociación Argentina Neurocirugía) and the SNOLA (Society for NeuroOncology Latin America) meetings.
The application will be found here, beginning September 1, 2021.